*1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes, I’m afraid I am. I don’t like acrylic or novelty yarns.
*2. Do you spin? Crochet? *
I don’t spin although would love to learn. My parents breed alpaca, so I would have something to play with! I do crochet but not very often because I find it gives me tennis elbow!
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
An old whiskey tube and it works very well. Although I did make a small roll for my crochet hooks.
*4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?. *
Since I was a child and was taught by my mother and grandmother. I reckon I’d be between intermediate to advanced.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, check it out, it’s on the sidebar!
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Fresh citrus scents, nothing powdery. My all-time favourite perfume is Chanel 19.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love good quality chocolate!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Sewing, quilting & patchwork, needlepoint. I also love to cook and bake and have lots of kitchen gadgets.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)*
All sorts – I have pretty eclectic taste. Indie, country, jazz, folk……..have a look at my current playlist to get an idea. We do own 300+ cd’s and I also have a fairly large collection of vinyl.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Reds & greens of all tones/shades. I am not a fan of blues and have a pet hate for aqua.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets, just me and Mapman at the moment!
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and hats but only when it’s really cold.**
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Debbie Bliss cashmerino
Rowan All Seasons Cotton
Jo Sharp yarns
14. What fibers do you absolutely not like?
Acrylic, eyelash, cheap novelty yarns!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Lace, baby knitting
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Things for babies, River and jumpers for my husband (even though they take me forever to finish)
17. What are you knitting right now?
A cardigan for myself – Mystical Stripe by Kaffe Fassett. Am determined to get this finished before winter’s end!
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
They both have their place, depends on what I’m making but I do find circs easier on my hands and elbows.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Don’t mind – I have some of each. I love my vintage casein needles and I have about 8 vintage/antique bone crochet hooks.
*21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? *
Only a winder but would love a swift.
22. How did you learn to knit?
From my mother and grandmother when I was a child. I knit English style.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably some curtains from almost a year ago.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Don’t really have one, but I suppose I could say I’m fond of Gromit.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Anywhere with my husband, I’m not fussy. I’m definitely not a sun-worshipper even though I grew up in the southern hemisphere.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I don’t collect much but I have been collecting bone crochet hooks, cookie cutters and vintage habedashery/notions/buttons.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Only to Rowan.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I love vintage/really old baby patterns from the 1930s to the 1960s. We have quite a few between us in the family but they are tricky to find and most of them were not ever dated. I wouldn’t mind the latest Rowan RYC baby book that’s out soon. I also fancy some 7mm short circs so I can make some Fuzzy Feet for a girlfriend. I promised her ages ago!
29. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Not at the moment. I want to do some fairisle but I’ve got a few patterns already. I would like to learn to spin though.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YES and length – 10″ instep & ankle – 9″
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)